Soulsby Synthesizers. Home of innovative 8-bit synthesizers, modules and kits.
Soulsby Synthesizers Latest News
I thought I'd leave a few links here for people who came to the miniAtmegatron workshop and are wanting to hack it.
- For in-depth instructions on how to operate it, you'll need the full manual.
- To upload the alternative synth engine, head to the downloads page and then follow this tutorial
- You'll also find the templates for controlling the miniAtmegatron via an iPad, iPhone or Android device on the downloads page. Supported systems are Touch OSC, Lemur and Ctrlr.
- Finally, you'll find the source-code on Github. You'll need the Arduino sketch repository and the libraries repository. To edit the pattern, edit this file, then upload.
It's been a great year, with trips to NAMM, Superbooth, Ginko Modular Fest, Barcelona, Synthfest UK and a whole host of 1-dayer events in the UK. Now that all of the Atmegatrons have been sold (actually there's 1 Pete Fowler edition left at the time of writing!), there will be a bit of lull whilst I'm working on a new very exciting synth that will be appeal to both modular and non-modular users. More info about that in the new year - join the mailing list for the latest info about it! Of course I will continue to support the Atmegatron, mini and Oscitron too.
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
Many thanks to Future Music Magazine for nominating the Oscitron for the Best in Tech Eurorack award. The Oscitron was launched at NAMM in January this year and has since gained a loyal following. It's audio engine is based on the Atmegatron, but also has a lot of new features such as wavetable sampling. If you'd like to vote for the Oscitron, follow this link.
The latest firmware for the Atmegatron is available on the downloads page of the website
Full details here. The main updates are:
- Global settings reorganised. Function dial still does MIDI channel. Value dial does multiple on/off parameters.
- The test button works again with Arpeggiator patches.
- Fixed a couple of warnings when compiling in the Arduino IDE.
- Added MIDI CCs for all parameters.
DivKid AKA Ben Wilson has been very active uploading videos recently.
Firstly at Leeds Modular Meet back in August, where I did a presentation on the different software versions for the Oscitron. If you have an Oscitron module and want to try out the Oscidrum and Odytron firmwares, grab an Accessories Pack on the webstore.
Secondly at SynthFestUK earlier this month. He caught us setting up our rig and testing it with a bit of early Human League. If you haven't heard their first album Reproduction, I highly recommend checking it out!
The highlight of SynthFestUK was when Martyn Ware (Human League/Heaven 17) stopped by for a chat, had a play with our synths and even purchased an Atmegatron!!
Thanks to Tony Adamo for the pics
Due to the overwhelming response at SynthFest UK, the entire B-Stock has sold out! Sorry to disappoint those who were waiting online for it. Please join the mailing list for detailed info on all remaining Atmegatron stock, which I will send out when I return from SynthFest. Many thanks to all who came and made it such an enjoyable day.